Web Serve on CentOs
This writing is the next guide for the guide how to create CentOS VM on Linode. To install wordpress on CentOs VM, there are many options to choose from.
I’ve tried most of them. Some are expensive and the free features aren’t enough for normal users.
If you are looking at Linode which is VPS provider, I assume you are looking at it because you are fed up with performance of generic Apache based hosts. Choosing any of the above tools will surely improve your site performance, but there are some tweaks required in order to get the maximum out your node. This requires some server knowledge. You should be knowing about NGINX by now. Getting the right setup on your NGINX server can save you hundreds of dollars in hosting. Your site can handle a greater amount of traffic with lesser resources.
Also, just setting up WordPress on a VPS at any server isn’t the hard part. Securing it is.
If you’d like the best NGINX configuration for your WordPress site & a secure server, feel free to install script VPSSIM on CentOS VM.
How to install script VPSSIM on CentOs VM
What is VPSSIM script?
VPSSIM (VPS Simple) is auto-installer script for install LEMP stack ( Nginx, MariaDB & PHP-FPM) on your server using Centos VM. You will find it really simple to control your VPS or Dedicated Server with many functions and utilities of VPSSIM. Your server will have a good performance, high load bearing and good security.
VPSSIM allows you to
- Setup latest Nginx version: Setup latest Nginx version compile with Openssl 1.0.2l. Support HTTP/2 to increase website speed.
- VPSSIM support Change PHP Version: PHP version Support : PHP 7.2, PHP 7.1, PHP 7.0, PHP 5.6, PHP 5.5 and PHP 5.4.
- VPSSIM support MariaDB Version: 10.0, 10.1 & 10.2, 10.3
- VPSSIM has update functions: System, Change Nginx Version, Change phpMyAdmin Version, MariaDB and support 2 languages English – Vietnamese.
- Easy to Add and remove website from server. VPSSIM support pre-install or pre-download wordpress code with config for Redis Cache, WP Super Cache & W3 Total Cache, WP-Rocket plugin.
- VPSSIM has “WordPress Blog Tools” function. Many utilities to manage wordpress website
- Database Manage: Auto re-Start MySQL Server, Create, Delete, Backup, Auto Backup, Restore database. View and change password for user Root of MySQL.
- Backup & Restore Code: Support Backup and restore code for website, auto backup code.
- FTP Server manage function: Support install Ftp Server over TLS,
- Setup File Manager: Setup, remove, enable/disable, change domain file manager any time.
- Many others Tools & Addons: Change SSHD port, Find top Largest files and folder, Setting Server timezone, Install / remove Imagick, Install / Remove Ioncube
SSH to CentOs VM
Right click on Pageant and select New Session. Enter the IP address of your node in the Host Name field, then click Open. Then PuTTY will warn you that the host key is not present in the local cache. That’s fine, this is the first time you log in, so click Yes. Now log in as root and enter your password, too (you can paste with right click or Shift+Insert – it won’t be visible as asterisks, but it’ll be pasted anyway). If everything went well, you’ll be presented with a root terminal prompt:
login as: root email@example.com's password: Last login: Thu Oct 5 14:24:40 2017 from 18.104.22.168
It’s a good idea to change the SSH port from the default 22 to a random one under 1024 to get rid of at least some of the script kiddies. Why under 1024? Because ports under 1024 require root privileges to run, so you prevent random users from running rogue SSH server instances.
Run command to install script VPSSIM
curl http://get.vpssim.com -o vpssim && sh vpssim
If you want to read infomation about VPSSIM, please read:
The next, we will guide how to install wordpress website on VPS using Script VPSSIM