AdSense is one of the most popular ways to make money online and perhaps among the easiest ways if you do things correctly.
Do you want to maximize your AdSense revenue? Monetizing your website with AdSense is the easiest way to make money online. With enough legwork, you can easily boost your earnings from AdSense.
By doing things correctly I mean following standards and practices that are in accordance with AdSense guidelines but at the same time can contribute in maximizing your revenue and earnings.
In this article, we’ll show you some Google AdSense tips that help you to boost your AdSense earnings.
So, let’s see below the most important AdSense tips that will help you achieve that.
- 1 1. Don’t violate any AdSense Guidelines
- 2 2. Use Responsive AdSense Units
- 3 3. Place your ads where users can see them
- 4 4. Publish Content more often
- 5 5. Make your website load faster
- 6 6. Remove other ad networks
- 7 7. Find your Adsense Referrers and improve them
- 8 8. Use standard ad sizes (both text and image)
- 9 9. Use AdSense experiments to test different ad variations
- 10 10. Don’t make your website look like it Made for AdSense (MFA)
- 11 11. Manage Ads With a Plugin
- 12 Conclusion
1. Don’t violate any AdSense Guidelines
We are only in the first AdSense tip but it’s very important that whatever you do to increase your earnings is not against these guidelines.
Do not click on your own ads for any reason (even testing them)
- Buying traffic or clicks
- Making the ads not look like ads
- Showing only the ads to the user and no content
- Asking your friends to click on the ads
- Adding the ads on website that have inappropriate content (adult, alcohol, gambling etc)
2. Use Responsive AdSense Units
We made several tests and all tests show (more details to be published in coming posts) that responsive websites with responsive AdSense units perform better than non-responsive websites.
If you have a responsive website then you can replace your ads with Responsive AdSense Units. This means that depending on the available ad space, AdSense will show the most appropriate ad (both in size and type).
I like use Studio Generis Child Theme that is the best theme for responsive theme and affiliate marketing.
If you’re running a WordPress blog, below are a few placements that are worth trying to maximize your earnings:
- In order to increase the click-through rate (CTR), Google recommends you to use 728×90 leaderboard image ad unit above the fold of your homepage and below the main navigation bar.
- Depending on the page length, you may also use a vertical ad unit with the same size (728×90) in the middle or at the end of the homepage.
- Test different ad units– either 160×600 wide skyscraper or 300×250 medium rectangle in your sidebar.
- Place a 336×280 large rectangle ad unit at the top of your article.
- Use a similar ad unit at the end of your post before the comments section.
- Similar to the homepage, place a skyscraper or a medium rectangle ad unit in your sidebar.
3. Place your ads where users can see them
The position of the ads is very important and can make a big difference in clicks and earnings.
It’s always better to have the ads above the fold (that’s the area users see without scrolling) but if this is not possible then try to have the ads in the main content of the page instead of the sidebar.
Caution: Google punishes websites that have too many ads above the fold so if you choose to enter the ads in the main content do it at the end of the article.
4. Publish Content more often
Depending on the type of website, you may choose to publish content more often.
The idea is that frequent publishing will generate more visits to your website and more visits will naturally generated more AdSense clicks and revenue.
5. Make your website load faster
It is proven that faster websites lead to more ad clicks so if you optimize your website’s speed this will eventually increase your earnings too.
Avoid using too many graphics and remove any images that don’t add value to the user experience but slow down the site.
VPS cloud is the best choice for create a wordpress website.
6. Remove other ad networks
If you want to make more from AdSense then you can remove any other ad networks and run AdSense only.
This will not only make your website load faster but also it will give more visibility to the AdSense ads that will lead to more clicks and revenue.
Certainly many ads does not mean more revenue so it’s always better to stick to the 3 ads per page (even if you are not using AdSense).
7. Find your Adsense Referrers and improve them
When you connect your Google Analytics account with Google Adsense, you can go in Analytics and see which referrers generate your AdSense revenue. You can see that under Behaviour -> AdSense -> AdSense Referrers.
Maybe visits from Facebook or other social media networks generate AdSense revenue when they visit your website so it’s a good idea to work on those and improve your presence so as to get more traffic and revenue.
8. Use standard ad sizes (both text and image)
When setting up your ads use the sizes recommended by AdSense as being the most popular. These usually are 728×90, 336×280, 300×250 and 300×600. Other sizes may have less demand from advertisers and this will lead to lower earnings.
Also, make sure that your ads are set to show both text and images as this will increase the numbers of advertisers competing for your ad spaces and will lead to better earnings per click.
9. Use AdSense experiments to test different ad variations
One of the features of AdSense that is not well known to users is AdSense Experiments (found under My Ads in your AdSense account). With experiments you can test different variations for the same ad spot and see which one performs better.
For example you may test different link colours, border or no border etc. This feature is very easy to use and you can tell in a few days which of your ads are better performing.
10. Don’t make your website look like it Made for AdSense (MFA)
AdSense is supposed to enhance the user experience (and it really does in most cases) by showing relevant ads that may interest the user.
That does not mean that your website should focus on the ads but still your focus should be on the user experience and high quality content.
AdSense is a way to monetize your content and not the reason of your website’s existence.
11. Manage Ads With a Plugin
For easy management of your AdSense ads, you may use an ad management plugin like Advanced Ads for Genesis. With Advanced Ads , you can insert your ads into the right location quickly and easily.
You can also group ads together by creating ad groups, and can be inserted into sidebars and posts. Some of the useful features of AdSanity are:
- Expiry date: Set an expiration date for your ads.
- Ad rotation: You can have on-page, timed rotation for your ad groups.
- Ad blocker message: Checks for ad block software and displays a message to disable it.
Want to diversify your blog income? Discover how to build an affiliate website using WordPress.
Is it really possible to make $100,000 a year from Google AdSense (or by selling ads on your website/blog)? If so, then the real question is how much traffic do you really need to make big bucks with Google AdSense?
How Much Traffic Do You Need To Make Money With AdSense?
Let’s say you want to make $100,000 a year from Google AdSense and/or Google AdSense alternatives.
$100,000 divided by 365 = $274 a day.
So, you have to create either: 274 pages that earn $1 a day OR 548 pages that earn 50 cents a day OR 1,096 pages that earn 25 cents a day (which sounds reasonable, right?). Let’s say you have 1,096 high quality blog posts and you earn $0.25 per click from AdSense.
What is page RPM?
Basically, it’s the calculation of how much money you made per 1000 page views. It’s calculated based on a combination of your traffic, CTR (click-through-rate), and CPC (cost per click).
Page RPM = (Estimated earnings / Number of page views) * 1000
We hope this article helped you learn a few how to increase your earnings with Google Adsense.